Wednesday, 5 December 2012


Courtesy of  Spot Europe

This was originally posted on www.findmespot.com

It doesn't matter if you get your on-the-water kicks from the seat of a kayak or the captain’s chair of a 30-foot powerboat, if you’re afloat, you should be stowing Spot. It’s the simplest, most convenient way to add to the pleasure and safety of boating when you’re out of cell phone reach. With the push of one button, the satellite-enabled SPOT can send messages and your GPS coordinates to loved ones—or even to emergency authorities who can dispatch the Coast Guard if you need emergency help. Friends can even track your journey on Google Maps™ as you make your way.


”I would like to thank you for your wonderful tool. My wife could sleep easy knowing that I was ok for a week sailing the inter-coastal waterway in my 8’ boat. I belong to a group known as the Puddle Duck Racers. We build 8 x 4 wide sailboats and sail them 200 miles from Port Mansfield, Texas to Magnolia Beach Texas. It is a week long journey that requires sailing 40 miles a day in some of the  most inhospitable, unpopulated and unforgiving territory in Texas anyway. Lets just say that cell phone service is sketchy at best. I did the trip last year with only a cell phone. That was a nightmare for my wife not knowing if I was OK or not. This year for Father’s day I got the Spot unit. My wife said it was just as much a gift for her as it was for me. And just let me say it was a wobderful addition to my sailing gear. I don’t see myself ever taking the trip again without it.”  Jason Nabors

Reliance Yacht Management is a UK dealer for the Spot range and can be bought through www.yachttrackers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment